The Order of Perfect Light
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Save the Carenzi!

Go down

Save the Carenzi! Empty Save the Carenzi!

Post by Taomagicdragon Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:45 pm

Save the Carenzi!

No Timer
Rewards: XP, a Writ of Refuge, and the “Insert level” of the Hunt title.
Weapons: Fire/Slashing/Cold depending
Difficulty: Easy-Hard
Quest Type: Kill Task
Restriction: Multi-tiered Level restrictions. (Note: approx Tiers are posted below, there may be more. Also, the NPC text here is from the Polar Carenzi Liver kill task and may vary from other tiers)

It seems the carenzi all over the western islands are under some kind of plague. In order to help stem the tide of disease seek out Aun Teriona residing north of Blue Spire at 41.3n 75.3w.

Aun Teriona appraises you closely.

Aun Teriona tells you, "Greetings, human - hear the kah of the carenzi. While they are fierce creatures and sometimes infest burrows that they should not, by and large they exist in harmony with Palenqual. I have heard a troubling report, though - that the touch of Wharu infests some carenzi and inflicts a terrible disease."
Aun Teriona tells you, "To prevent the plague from overtaking the land, you must seek carenzi which bear plague and destroy both them and others of their kind in that immediate area. Examine their livers to identify whether the carenzi are diseased. If you have culled the diseased carenzi already, show me the liver that I may see the evidence of the infection."
Aun Teriona tells you, "Know that only those carenzi which burrow upward to the light are afflicted. Those which exist forever in the ground are not susceptible to the illness."

(100+) Master of the Hunt title
Aun Teriona tells you, "I can see that you are the paragon of hunters, and so I shall give you the hardest task of all. You must cull the Tainted Carenzi, foul creations of the atua ngamaru. Seek them in the place known as the Singularity Caul.” (13 Livers)

(90+) Champion of the Hunt title
Aun Teriona tells you, "I can see that you are a great hunter and warrior whose exploits should be sung of far and wide, if they are not already. To you I task the culling of the Mangy Carenzi. I have been told that these creations of the atua ngamaru are found within the place known as the Singularity Caul.” (20 livers)

(60+) Seeker of the Hunt title
Aun Teriona tells you, "You have completed some great hunts indeed. To you I task the culling of the Carnivorous Carenzi. They inhabit the north of Palenqual, overlooking the great sea." (15 livers)

(40+) Disciple of the Hunt title
Aun Teriona tells you, "You have hunted some great beasts, but there are greater hunts still left for you. To you I task the culling of the Feral Carenzi. They may be found both on the eastern and western plains of Palenqual." (30 livers)

(20+) Apprentice of the Hunt title
Aun Teriona tells you, "You have achieved some experience in the hunt. To you I task the culling of the Carenzi Stalker. They may be found most often near here, in the lowland places where Volkama's domain becomes calm and still.” (36 livers)

(5+) Initiate of the Hunt title
Aun Teriona tells you, "You are yet young in the ways of the hunt. To you I task the culling of the Polar Carenzi. The Viamont xuta mentions them sometimes when I encounter their hunters. But even as far away as they are, they have been affected by the plague. Seek the area north of the akiekie Sanamar." (5 livers)

Note: A player, once flagged, can kill any tier to receive that tier’s title.

Go out to the areas designated and begin hunting the carenzi assigned to you. Random ones upon death will spawn a liver beside them. Use it to get the following message as well as to find out exactly now many livers you will need to find:

The liver of the carenzi falls out with a sickening squish.
As you examine this liver more closely, you are convinced that the local population of Name Carenzi has fallen ill. They are going to die no matter what, but the damage can be mitigated to the rest of the carenzi population if you were to kill the ill ones in the area within two hours. Culling “number” additional Name Carenzi with diseased livers should solve the problem.

You now have 2 hours to finish the job and if you fail you will need to start over again. Additional livers will give the following message.

You have 1h 58m 38s left to kill the sick carenzi of the area.
This carenzi was clearly diseased. You must slay more carenzi until the plague is under control.

After a while..

You have 57m 31s left to kill the sick carenzi of the area.
You've slain over a quarter of the total number of diseased carenzi that you must to halt the spread of the plague.

When you break the halfway point you’ll know by the following message for the rest of your findings:

The liver of the carenzi falls out with a sickening squish.
You have 1h 45m 8s left to kill the sick carenzi of the area.
You've slain over half the total number of diseased carenzi that you must to halt the spread of the plague.

When you finally collect all the livers you will receive some experience.

You have 1h 41m 23s left to kill the sick carenzi of the area.
You've slain all the sick Polar Carenzi that you needed to in order to prevent the sickness from spreading!
You've earned 14,769 experience.

Go back and tell Aun Teriona the news!

Aun Teriona tells you, "Greetings, budhi. You have done well in attempting to cleanse this plague, despite how dark their native land is. Here is a reward - I am told this piece of paper is worth something to your kind. The plague still continues, however, and you may continue culling the Tainted Carenzi if you find more livers."

Aun Teriona tells you, "Greetings, budhi. You have done well and Palenqual sings its praises. Here is a reward - I am told this piece of paper is worth something to your kind. The plague still continues, however, and you may continue culling the Feral Carenzi if you find more livers.”

Aun Teriona tells you, "Greetings, budhi. You have done well and, were I close enough to hear it, surely the keh of Halaetan would sing. Here is a reward - I am told this piece of paper is worth something to your kind. The plague still continues, however, and you may continue culling the Polar Carenzi if you find more livers."

Aun Teriona gives you Writ of Refuge

Though he doesn’t say it, you will also get a title “Insert Level” of the Hunt. There is no timer on this quest so feel free to go back out there. You can also loot any of the liver tiers so you can get every title. This also does seem like a neat way to collect Writs of Refuge. Happy Hunting!
Taomagicdragon
Taomagicdragon
Admin

Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2008-05-28

https://perfectlight.aforumfree.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum