The Order of Perfect Light
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Revenge Against the Shadow (Shadow Slayer: Axe, Mace, and Spear ONLY)

Go down

Revenge Against the Shadow (Shadow Slayer: Axe, Mace, and Spear ONLY) Empty Revenge Against the Shadow (Shadow Slayer: Axe, Mace, and Spear ONLY)

Post by Taomagicdragon Sat May 31, 2008 8:34 am

Revenge Against the Shadow
Timer: 13 days
Rewards: Shadow slaying axe, mace and spear, lore, and XP
Weapons: Fire and Shadow Slayer
Difficulty: Medium
Quest Type: Task
Restrictions: 80+

This quest is for three weapons with the Shadow Slayer ability (an axe, mace, and spear) as well as for lore about Grael

To get to the Temple of Stirring Shadow
Start off in Cragstone and head to the Haliana Settlement Portal (26.2 N, 46.2 E)

Run to the Temple of the Stirring Shadow (74.3N, 58.7E)

When you reach the Shade of Farelaith (74.3N, 58.6E), he will give you your task

18:15:08 Shade of Farelaith says, "I failed them... I failed them all..."

Shade of Farelaith tells you, "You... Yes, you could help me, mortal. I need you to slay my younger brothers, who were corrupted into beings of Shadow by our former master, Grael. Please, you must enter this Temple of the Stirring Shadow. The temple has three wings, and one of my brothers serves in each wing. They have lost their names and faces to the Shadow corruption, but they still bear their own weapons... I was a mage in my past life, mortal. Help me, and I shall reward you”
Shade of Farelaith tells you, "Enter the South Wing first, and seek out my poor youngest brother, Baranaith. He wielded a spear in life, as he does now in the shadow. Bring me his spear so that I may know his torment is no more.

Go into the portal and you will find an empty room (safe to buff) with three more portals within (north, east, and south wings). In all three sub-dungeons there will be Shadow Specters (Lv 115) as well as Shadow Phantoms (Lv 120). The surface portals are tieable/summonable/recallable.

Now that you are buffed, head into the South Wing. Start off by hanging to the right wall the entire way down. In the final hallway before the room with the surface portal you will find your target; an unmarked shadow wielding a spear.

You obliterate Shadow Phantom!
You hear the plaintive voice of the shadow that once was Baranaith cry out: "Farelaith! My brother! Where is my older brother, who said he would guide and protect me?”

Loot the Spear and go into the surface portal. From there, return the spear to the Shade of Farelaith.

You give Shade of Farelaith Spear of Baranaith.
Shade of Farelaith tells you, "Oh, my brother's spear! Baranaith was my youngest brother. He was barely more than a child when we were taken to the slave pits of Haebrous. I failed him, most of all..."
Shade of Farelaith tells you, "Take this spear, mortal, as an instrument of vengeance. I have infused it with some portion of my power."
Shade of Farelaith tells you, "Now go into the North Wing and seek out my brother Korogaith. You will know him by his axe."
Shade of Farelaith gives you Spear of Winter Flame.

The North Wing is a bit more complex than the previous wing. From the drop, take the right exit and, following the left wall, will immediately go down a ramp. Continue following the left wall and, when you reach three rooms with a red fog, the second of the three have purple portal energy, you will reach another ramp which leads down into the exit area. It is in this area that you will find your target; an unmarked shadow wielding an axe:

Shadow Phantom is reduced to cinders!
You hear the husky voice of the shadow that once was Korogaith cry out: "Farelaith! My brother! Where is my older brother, who abandoned us to the abomination of Grael?"

Loot the axe and, upon exiting the dungeon, return it to the Shade of Farelaith:

You give Shade of Farelaith Axe of Korogaith.
Shade of Farelaith tells you, "This is indeed the axe of my brother Korogaith. He was just a few years older than Baranaith. He was a hunter and a woodsman without peer. He was the one who tracked down Grael in the wilderness... Oh, would that we had never found that accursed soul again, but perished together in the snow..."
Shade of Farelaith tells you, "Take this axe. I have infused it with some portion of my power, to serve as an instrument of vengeance against the dark powers that corrupted my brothers."
Shade of Farelaith tells you, "Now go into the East Wing, the last of the wings, and seek out my brother Hiranaith. You will know him by his mace."
Shade of Farelaith gives you Axe of Winter Flame.

Now, for the final weapon, head into the East Wing, the easiest to navigate. Take the East exit and head straight down until you reach a large room with a centre chamber housing a red vortex. Here you will find your target; an unmarked shadow wielding a mace:

Shadow Phantom is incinerated by your assault!
You hear the booming voice of the shadow that once was Hiranaith cry out: "Farelaith! My brother! Where is my older brother, whom I once defended against all others?"

After looting the mace, take the middle exit (east wall) and follow it to the surface portal. Return the mace to the Shade of Farelaith:

You give Shade of Farelaith Mace of Hiranaith.
Shade of Farelaith tells you, "Oh, my brother Hiranaith. This is his mace, with which he served in the town guard, before our father was forced to sell us to the imperial slavers. Hiranaith was a year younger than me, but twice as strong. He was my protector in the slave pits. Alas, I could not help him in his time of need..."
Shade of Farelaith tells you, "I have infused the mace with some portion of my power. Take it and use it against the shadowy things which corrupted us. I give you also my journal, that you may know something of Grael, who was once our master and twice betrayed his followers."
You've earned 1,500,000 experience.
Shade of Farelaith gives you Mace of Winter Flame.
Shade of Farelaith gives you Farelaith's Untranslated Journal.

We’re not done yet! Take the untranslated journal and, because I know we’re all loyal to Queen Elysa Strathelar, take it to the translator facility in Cragstone (26.0N, 47.0E) to finish up:

You give Edobar the Esoteric Farelaith's Untranslated Journal.
Edobar the Esoteric tells you, "What a fascinating account. I am immensely grateful you brought this to my attention. It sheds such a great deal of light on the mystery of Grael!"
You've earned 500,000 experience.
Edobar the Esoteric gives you Our Bitter Winter.
Taomagicdragon
Taomagicdragon
Admin

Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2008-05-28

https://perfectlight.aforumfree.com

Back to top Go down