The Order of Perfect Light
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bridging the Vast Divide (Bur Flagging)

Go down

Bridging the Vast Divide (Bur Flagging) Empty Bridging the Vast Divide (Bur Flagging)

Post by Taomagicdragon Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:28 pm

Bridging the Vast Divide
13 day timer
Rewards: XP and Access to Bur
Difficulty: Easy/medium
Quest Type: Flagging
Restiction: 15+/80+

Unlike any other flagging necessary to access other parts of Dereth, the flagging to reach the world of Bur requires no necessary combat and instead relies on the help and cooperation of players both meek and powerful. With this guide you should be able to reach Bur in under a buff-cycle. I will provide you both the full version as well as the speed-runs which make up the 80+ versions if you wish to speed along. First let’s look at the 15 - 79 version of the flagging.

~15 - 79 Version~

To start off, go to Yanshi then head to Raxanza Folthid's house at 8.8S, 53.7E and give her a Wood Golem Heart in order to receive a key. Run to the Folthid Cellars portal at 8.6S, 52.9E Use the Key on the door on the north wall to enter the complex.

Stick left until you have to jump down into a large open room. Head of you are two exits on the farside wall: take the right-hand one (no door). Go up in at the 4 way intersection go straight. Pull lever. Turn around facing the hall and stick left and jump down into the large room and take the exit on the north wall.

Jump off into the large open green room then jump down again talking the north exit follow the path until you reach a large room with a large wooden ramp Take the east exit. Take the second right and pull lever. Go back to the wooden ramp room and take the south exit. First right go into the small room and pull lever then go back into the hall and continue west and follow the hall (you’ll have to open 2 doors) until you reach a different wooden ramp room. Go down the ramp and through the east exit Jump down and continue until you reach a large open room with 4 Scalvi. In the chest is a Dull Dagger and the Ancient Shard of Metal. On an Aste Sclavus is the Dagger of Tikola and the Key to the east door leading to the exit portal. Go to the groundskeeper and give her the shard. Her small house is nearby at 8.8S, 53.7E.

In the note Asheron speaks of how to build a structure upon which a powerful portal can be built upon and includes a long number seemingly there to remind himself. In the note he mentions about going into an ancient sewer complex to test his theories. Head to Toutou then run to the Mountain Sewer Portal at 29.8 S, 93.9 E.

From the drop jump down into the right room and stick right until you go down a ramp that leads into an open room with a portal in front of you, stick left now you will reach a three-way fork with the center option being a metal door; take the right path then stick right going through numerous doors where you can see a pile of glowing gems. Pick up a gem and you’ll find it has an inscription on it. Bring this to Bretself in Cragstone at 26.0n 47.0e.

This letter describes how to create such gems for portal creations and how to better service him he’ll go to the halls of his father’s friend. Asheron’s father was Lord Atlan and his friend was named Metos and he was a Golem-smith who pioneered Golem-construction. There are three halls that bear his name and you’ll have to travel to the end chamber of each to find the secrets about this portal. Two of the portals reside in dangerous lands but there are portals in the safer region of Osteth to access them. First go to Zaikhal then head to the West Zaikhal Freehold settlement portal at 12.7N, 1.7W then head up the plateau at 16.2n 8.9w and follow it along to the second portal to the Ayan Halls of Metos which is located at 12.9n 12.1w.

Note: All three Metos dungeons are exactly the same in layout and you will be traveling to the same end chambers in all three. The layout is: Once inside, stick to the right wall until you reach a T outside of the initial cluster of small rooms; take a right followed by an immediate left. You will now be at an acid pit: jump over it then continue down until you reach a room with six obsidian golems and a new twist…

In the first dungeon, the end chamber has a pedestal with a special mote lying atop it. Grab it then recall out and head to the Neu Gerz Villas settlement portal near Lytelthorpe at 2.1N, 50.4E. The second portal to the Wai Jhou Halls of Metos is located at 11.7s 58.0e in the ruins of Imuth Maer Doquin. Grab the second mote you need in the end chambers of this dungeon then head to Al-Jalima. From there you will need to go to the Midsong Cottages portal at 5.7N, 4.3E then run to the Tufa Halls Of Metos at: 4.4S, 0.6W. In the end chambers you will find three Golem NPC’s of ancient origin. The Golems are used for construction and the one in the middle acts as the warden. Give this warden the two special motes you’ve recovered. In its speech you will notice its voice change form the standard Golem-voice to the one of Asheron Realaidain and then to the voice of Celdisith’s apprentice, Hoshino Kei.

To reach this portal you will need to go to Rithwic then head to the Glystaene Cottages at 64.1N, 29.5E. From the drop you will simply head north up the hill to 67.4 N, 30.5 E and you will see the Portal to Bur atop a platform. Use it for access to Bur.

Last edited by Taomagicdragon on Wed May 27, 2009 10:53 am; edited 2 times in total
Taomagicdragon
Taomagicdragon
Admin

Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2008-05-28

https://perfectlight.aforumfree.com

Back to top Go down

Bridging the Vast Divide (Bur Flagging) Empty Re: Bridging the Vast Divide (Bur Flagging)

Post by Taomagicdragon Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:28 pm

~80+ Version~

If you decide to fully do this quest you will need to borrow the three notes from someone who has done the lower versions to use the three sets of numbers needed for the ciphers. This step isn’t needed but if you’re a purist then you will need to do this. At the end I will put in the abbreviated walkthrough detailing only the important steps to finish this quest.

First head to Cragstone and speak with Shan Zhen at 25.8n 49.2e behind the blacksmith’s shop.

Shan Zhen tells you, "I need to ask your help, and you may possibly even need my help. We still seek much information about Asheron before he left Dereth. The Portal Servitor Golem that kept track of Asheron's last movements prior to his departure to Bur still maintains a very tight security and refuses to divulge its master's secrets! Please travel to the Empyrean temple at 67.4N 30.5E and see if you can get the Golem to reveal what it knows! If you do this, I think I can attune you to be able to pass to Bur, despite Asheron's wards."

Head to Rithwic then head to the Glystaene Cottages at 64.1N, 29.5E. From the drop you will simply head north up the hill to 67.5 N, 30.5 E and you will see the Portal to Bur atop a platform surrounded by three sides with Magical Orbs and guarded by four watch towers. Hoshino Kei and a Portal Servitor reside at this site. You will need to speak to the Portal Servitor.

Portal Servitor tells you, "I sense that the apprentices of the sword sage have sent you. This is meet by my master's wishes. But I must ensure that you are a true friend of my master. You must bring me three heirlooms of the House of Realaidain. A true friend of my master would know such artifacts. Bring me first the necklace that belonged to my master's family."

To find notes about this artifact go back to Shan Zhen.

Shan Zhen tells you, "Ah, you've made contact with the Portal Servitor? Excellent. But it demands some kind of family heirloom of Asheron's? A necklace that once belonged to House Realaidain? I half-expected some kind of test like this. Here, this note may illuminate your search for such a necklace..."
Shan Zhen gives you Eastern Vault Notes.

Head to Holtburg then go to the West Holtburg Villas portal at 40.2n 35.2e. The Realaidain Eastern Vault is at 52.5 N, 39.1 E. Go and speak to the House Golem who seems to be having a problem…

Note: Beside each House Golem are several items atop pedestals. Picking the wrong one results in a 30 minute wait…

House Golem says, "My essence... Missing essence... Recover missing essence..."
House Golem tells you, "My master left me here to pass knowledge along to those who serve the sword sage. Is that you? I cannot fulfill my function and give you what I was charged to give you because I have been damaged by the servants of evil, who have taken over this vault. Seek out the dark mage that bears the portion of Imbued Pyreal that was taken from me. Bring me back that which I have lost, and I will be able to fulfill my master's geas."

Head east out of the room and stick left the entire way until you find an undead named Karkuul the Defiler!

~ Boss ~

Name: Karkuul the Defiler
Weak to: Acid or Fire (undead slayer)
Drops: Imbued Pyreal Mote
Cohorts: Sclavi and Falatacot
Uses: Slashing damage and spells of all types.

Loot the imbued pyreal mote from his corpse. Follow back along the right wall and return it to the golem to get the first cipher you’ll need which will be at the end of the note. The solution is found by using the cipher on the number given in the first note of the lower version of the flagging.

You give House Golem Imbued Pyreal Mote.
House Golem tells you, "This is what I seek. I am now fully capable of discharging the duties upon which my master laid me. He left a note for me to give to those who would follow him at the direction of the sword sage. I give this to you now and consider my duty fulfilled."
House Golem gives you A Note on Ancient Necklaces.

Once you have figured out the cipher grab the correct item which is the necklace that has a medallion with the emblem being a crown studded with emeralds. Return this to the Portal Servitor to learn of your next task.

You give Portal Servitor Ancient Necklace.
You've earned 6,891,063 experience.
Portal Servitor tells you, "This is the necklace that once belonged to House Realaidain. It was the necklace which my mistress Lady Maila wore most often, given to her by my master Lord Atlan after the birth of their son, my master Lord Asheron. You have proven yourself worthy to seek the second heirloom. I require a ring that once belonged to House Realaidain. Seek out the true and proper ring. Do not be fooled by false rings."

As before you must head to Shan Zhen for another clue.

Shan Zhen tells you, "The Portal Servitor demands a ring of the House of Realaidain? Fair enough, I believe I have a piece of information that would illuminate your search..."
Shan Zhen gives you Northern Vault Notes.

Head to Crater Village atop Mount Esper and run to the Frosty Dale Cottages settlement portal at 66.4N 14.3E then run to the Realaidain Northern Vault at 75.8N, 4.3E. If you prefer an easier yet longer route (the scenic route) then feel free to run to the vault from Neydisa Castle.

As before, you must retrieve the mote for the House Golem.

House Golem says, "My essence... Missing essence... Recover missing essence..."
House Golem tells you, "My master left me here to pass knowledge along to those who serve the sword sage. Is that you? I cannot fulfill my function and give you what I was charged to give you because I have been damaged by the servants of evil, who have taken over this vault. Seek out the dark mage that bears the portion of Imbued Pyreal that was taken from me. Bring me back that which I have lost, and I will be able to fulfill my master's geas."

Again, stick to the left wall the entire time to reach Vizidh the Despoiler.

~ Boss ~

Name: Vizidh the Despoiler
Drops: Imbued Pyreal Mote
Cohorts: Sclavi and Falatacot

And loot the Imbued Pyreal Mote and return it to the House Golem.

House Golem tells you, "This is what I seek. I am now fully capable of discharging the duties upon which my master laid me. He left a note for me to give to those who would follow him at the direction of the sword sage. I give this to you now and consider my duty fulfilled.
House Golem gives you A Note on Ancient Rings.

This note’s cipher is used on the number placed in the second note for the lower level flagging. The solution is to pick up the ring with the crest emblem which depicts a sword ringed in purple fire with amethyst shards. Bring this to the Portal Servitor and receive your final task.

You give Portal Servitor Ancient Ring.
Portal Servitor tells you, "This is the ring that once belonged to House Realaidain. It was the ring with which my master Lord Atlan sealed his documents and signified his lordly commands. You have proven yourself worthy to seek the third heirloom. I require a goblet that once belonged to House Realaidain. Seek out the true and proper goblet. Do not be fooled by false goblets.

Head back to ShanZhen as before.

Shan Zhen tells you, "So now, the Portal Servitor seeks a goblet of the House of Realaidain? I think I have a note that would help this search..."
Shan Zhen gives you Western Vault Notes.

The Realaidain Western Vault is located at 58.0N, 20.8W which is outside of Stonehold. You know what to do…

Stick to the left and knock Haisanix the Destroyer into next Morningthaw!

~ Boss ~

Name: Haisanix the Destroyer
Drops: Western Vault Key
Cohorts: Slithis Tendrils and Eye Stalks

Loot another Imbued Pyreal Mote and give it to the House Golem.

House Golem tells you, "This is what I seek. I am now fully capable of discharging the duties upon which my master laid me. He left a note for me to give to those who would follow him at the direction of the sword sage. I give this to you now and consider my duty fulfilled."
House Golem gives you A Note on Ancient Goblets.

This final cipher is linked to the final note’s number from the lower level flagging. The answer, of course, is the goblet with the brim decorated with alternating diamonds and engraved leaves. Return it to the portal servitor and you’re almost done!

You give Portal Servitor Ancient Goblet.
Portal Servitor tells you, "This is the goblet that once belonged to House Realaidain. It was the vessel from which my master Lord Atlan and my mistress Lady Maila drank at their betrothal feast. You have proven yourself worthy to receive the knowledge my master Lord Asheron left behind. Bring it to the apprentices of the sword sage."
Portal Servitor gives you Asheron's Departure Journal.

Do as it asks to finish up.

You give Shan Zhen Asheron's Departure Journal.
Shan Zhen tells you, "At last! The item we seek!"
Shan Zhen looks closely at the book.
Shan Zhen tells you, "Yet I fear that it doesn't have any new information. Still, you've done as I asked, so I shall assist you."
Shan Zhen touches your forehead and mutters a few words.
Shan Zhen tells you, "Now it will be possible to pass through Prince Borelean's portal to Bur. You have my thanks, Queen Elysa's thanks, and the thanks of my mistress, whom I should not name."
Taomagicdragon
Taomagicdragon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Bridging the Vast Divide (Bur Flagging) Empty Re: Bridging the Vast Divide (Bur Flagging)

Post by Taomagicdragon Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:13 am

Abbreviated Guide (80+)

This is for those who simply want to get this over with.
First head to Cragstone and speak with Shan Zhen at 25.8n 49.2e behind the blacksmith’s shop.

Head to Rithwic then head to the Glystaene Cottages at 64.1N, 29.5E. From the drop you will simply head north up the hill to 67.5 N, 30.5 E and speak to the Portal Servitor.

Head to Holtburg then go to the West Holtburg Villas portal at 40.2n 35.2e. The Realaidain Eastern Vault is at 52.5 N, 39.1 E, head in and grab the necklace that has a medallion with the emblem being a crown studded with emeralds. Return it to the golem.

Head to Crater Village atop Mount Esper and run to the Frosty Dale Cottages settlement portal at 66.4N 14.3E then run to the Realaidain Northern Vault at 75.8N, 4.3E, head in and grab the ring with the crest emblem which depicts a sword ringed in purple fire with amethyst shards. Return it to the golem.

The Realaidain Western Vault is located at 58.0N, 20.8W which is outside of Stonehold, head in and grab the goblet with the brim decorated with alternating diamonds and engraved leaves. Return it to the golem to receive a book that you'll need to bring to Shan Zhen to finish up.
Taomagicdragon
Taomagicdragon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down