The Order of Perfect Light
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dream Realms (Perfect Light Armour Quests)(Quiddity Seeds)

Go down

Dream Realms (Perfect Light Armour Quests)(Quiddity Seeds) Empty Dream Realms (Perfect Light Armour Quests)(Quiddity Seeds)

Post by Taomagicdragon Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:03 pm

Quiddity Seed at Knorr (Dream Realms Part I)

Timer: 13 days
Rewards: % XP, White Quiddity Ingot, Empyrean Spherule, Empowered Breastplate of the Perfect Light (Can be turned back for 5% xp for next level), and Protector of the Past title
Weapons: Bludgeoning/Piercing/Olthoi Slayer and Fire/Virindi Slayer
Difficulty: Medium
Quest Type: Boss fight
Restrictions: 130+

Seek out Asheron who is inside his Sanctum on his island. Access to the Sanctum can be achieved by simply entering any Matron Hive. His Servant has some news for you as well.

Asheron's Servant tells you, "My master has found a number of strange energy vortices in the ley lines. He has his suspicions and wants you to investigate further."
Asheron's Servant tells you, "Please, go see Lord Asheron in his Sanctum below."

Asheron tells you, "Welcome, I'm glad you've come."
Asheron tells you, "From my observations and from reports I've received from your Queen I believe that Aerbax is attempting something quite unheard of."
Asheron tells you, "It would seem our enemy has been tampering with the collective memories of three critical events in the past. He has built three dream structures using Quiddity Seeds to allow him to attack these memories and change our perspective in the present."
Asheron tells you, "The first Quiddity Seed is in Knorr where I first summoned the portals that sent my people into portal space."
Asheron tells you, "The second Quiddity Seed's location still alludes me. I believe that the Aun Tumeroks may have more experience in locating these dream structures. Visit Fort Tethana where an emissary of the Tumeroks has been sent to meet you."
Asheron tells you, "The third and final Quiddity Seed was not found by my divinations. I only have a vague idea of what memory may be at risk. Seek out an apparition in the Northern Desert who I have been told will help you."
Asheron tells you, "Do not take these tasks lightly. Our memories form the way we see the world around us. Change our memories and change reality. This is a very real threat."
Asheron tells you, "If Aerbax succeeds we may not even remember we were trying to stop him."

Asheron tells you, "Let's see if you have had any success with the Quiddity Seeds I told you of."
Asheron tells you, "The first Quiddity Seed lies in the Planar Collegium in the Lyceum at Knorr."
Asheron tells you, "The second alludes me. Speak with the Aun Tumeroks at Fort Tethana."
Asheron tells you, "The third is known to an apparition in the Northern Desert."

After speaking with Asheron head to Stonehold and speak with Olcris, Nuhmudira’s Student at 68.7n 21.6w to gain access to the Knorr Lyceum.

(If you’ve been there before and have spoken to Arikas)

Olcris, Nuhmudira's Student tells you, "I see that you have reached the Seat of Knorr. If you pay me an MMD note I'll weave up a gem that will take you back to that very spot. Just make sure to speak to the golem there, if you want to back there quick again."

You give Olcris, Nuhmudira's Student Trade Note (250,000).
Olcris, Nuhmudira's Student gives you Seat of Knorr Portal Gem.

Olcris, Nuhmudira's Student tells you, "Speak to the Golem again and maybe I'll be able to craft another one of these for you."

Use the gem and you will reach the Seat of Knorr (skip down to Knorr Lyceum: Seat of Knorr)

(If you haven’t)

Olcris, Nuhmudira's Student tells you, "Hail! It has come to my attention, through means at my disposal, that Asheron has recently visited his old school somewhere far from Dereth. I'd be willing to assist you in getting there if you promise to do something for me."
Olcris, Nuhmudira's Student tells you, "I am sure that the structure contains a great many books that pertain to the history of this world. We are looking for any information that you may be able to gather there. Return the books to me so that Nuhmudira's school might thrive."
Olcris, Nuhmudira's Student tells you, "If you would agree to such an exchange I will only ask for a small gesture of good will, shall we say an M note?"
Olcris, Nuhmudira's Student tells you, "Should you return the books to me I will ensure that you are given this expenditure upon your return."

You give Olcris, Nuhmudira's Student Trade Note (100,000).
Olcris, Nuhmudira's Student gives you Knorr Portal Gem.

Olcris, Nuhmudira's Student tells you, "Once you use this gem you will be on your own. Knorr has no portals, we assume for fear that the Olthoi that have not completely been removed would find a way through to Dereth. You will need to have your own transportation home. You have been warned.

You have been teleported.

You will now have to figure out three riddles to gain access to the Seat of Knorr. Each riddle will grant you access to another riddle. Figure out all three and you will be portaled into Knorr Lyceum. Speak to the Diamond Guardian in each room to hear the riddle then grab the correct solution item that lies in the alcove on the right side of the room (from drop). The answers are Book, Mead, and Kite Shield in that order.

The Golem speaks in old Yalain, a language foreign and strange, but as it speaks you gain comprehension of it's words.

Diamond Guardian tells you, "A moth ate a word. To me it seemed, a piteous thing when I learned the wonder that a worm had swallowed, in darkness stolen, the song of Empyrean, our glorious sayings, A great Empyrean's strength; and the thieving guest, who was no whit the wiser for the words it ate."
Diamond Guardian tells you, "Hand me that which was lost to the worm that night."

You give Diamond Guardian Book.
Diamond Guardian teleports you with Courtyard of Knorr.

The Golem speaks in old Yalain, a language foreign and strange, but as it speaks you gain comprehension of it's words.

Diamond Guardian tells you, "I am valued by Empyrean, fetched from afar, Gleaned on the hill-slopes, gathered in groves, In dale and on down. All day through the air, Wings bore me aloft, and brought me with cunning Safe under roof."
Diamond Guardian tells you, "Empyrean steeped me in vats, to give me power to pummel and blind, To cast to the earth, the old and young. Stripped of their strength if they cease not their folly, Loud is their speech, but of power despoiled To manage their mind, their hands or their feet."
Diamond Guardian tells you, "Now give me the item, who can bind all to earth, And lay fools low in the light of day."

You give Diamond Guardian Mead.
Diamond Guardian teleports you with Interior Gates of Knorr.

The Golem speaks in old Yalain, a language foreign and strange, but as it speaks you gain comprehension of its words.

Diamond Guardian tells you, "A lonely wanderer, wounded with iron, smitten with war-blades, sated with strife,Worn with the sword-edge; I have seen many battles, many hazardous fights, oft without hope of comforts or help in the carnage of war Ere I perish and fall in the fighting hands of Empyrean."
Diamond Guardian tells you, "The leavings of hammers, the handiwork of smiths, Batter and bite me, hard-edged and sharp; The brunt of the battle I am doomed to endure. No healer may mend me that a fire may cure."
Diamond Guardian tells you, "Hand me the item."

You give Diamond Guardian Kite Shield.
Diamond Guardian teleports you with Seat of Knorr.

~ Knorr Lyceum: Seat of Knorr ~

Speak to Arikas first if you wish to avoid using the riddles during your next visit here.

Arikas, Warden of Knorr tells you, "Asheron did not specify that students would be arriving at the Lyceum. However since you are here I will explain transportation within this place."
Arikas, Warden of Knorr tells you, "Lord Master Asheron has establish a network of devices through his knowledge of Planar magic, that will ease your movement through the Lyceum construct."
Arikas, Warden of Knorr tells you, "I will determine the level of safety of the different areas and allow you to pass through the Planar tunnels provided that the presence of entities catalogued as, Olthoi, are small enough to allow for survival in said areas.

After speaking with Arikas head into the southern corridor and take the second conveyance chamber on your right.

"Restrictions on the Academy of Planar magic has been bypassed. Lord Asheron has been notified."

Last edited by Taomagicdragon on Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Taomagicdragon
Taomagicdragon
Admin

Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2008-05-28

https://perfectlight.aforumfree.com

Back to top Go down

Dream Realms (Perfect Light Armour Quests)(Quiddity Seeds) Empty Perfect Light Breastplate

Post by Taomagicdragon Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:03 pm

~Collegium Planar Abstraction Conveyance / Master Portal Studies~
Coords: n/a
Nearest Drop: Seat of Knorr portal/conveyance drops
Level: 130+
Spawns: Olthoi Eviscerator, Lancer, Vanquisher, Warrior, Mutilator, Swarm Noble, Swarm Soldier, Swarm Eviscerator, and Swarm Guardian (Olthoi). Virindi Profane, Adjudicator, and Consul (Virindi)
Flagging: Speak with Asheron

From the drop head down and at the split take a left which will lead into a corridor that, upon reaching the fork, will bring you to the Book case Puzzle. The hall way has 7 book shelves. Facing the wall, head to the middle book shelf. Behind you will be a torch. Pull it and head into the chamber. Pull the western lever and then head out, turn right, and go to the second book case on your right which should be open. Again, pull the western lever and go out, turn right, and go into the next books case on the right and that’s the end of the puzzle. Below is a diagram with the W meaning west lever and the H meaning the hallway signifying the end of the puzzle. The T is the torch to start the puzzle. The bookshelves close fast so you may need to practice or have a partner hold the shelves open for you.

Bookshelf Puzzle

HoooooWoooooooWooooooooooooo
~~~ ~~~ ___ ~~~ ___ ~~~ ~~~
ooooooooooooooTooooooooooooooo

From the Hallway stick to the right wall up to a cat walk. After the catwalk is fork; turn right up a rmap then take the immediate left up another ramp into a large chamber. Head straight into the hallway and follow it avoiding the side chambers and head into another large room. Take the corridor straight ahead and again avoid the side chambers to reach the final open chamber. Straight ahead will be the next conveyance device you’ll need to use.

~Planar Aacdemy Lecture Hall~
Nearest Drop: Collegium Planar Abstraction Conveyance
Level: 1+
Spawns: Olthoi Mutilator, Swarm Noble, Swarm Eviscerator, and Swarm Guardian (Olthoi)
Flagging: None
Weapons: Bludgeoning/Piercing/Olthoi Slayer

From the drop you will head north down the ramp into the audience chamber where, straight ahead, you will find the next conveyance.

~Planar Academy Headmaster’s Rooms~
Nearest Drop: Planar Academy Lecture Hall conveyance
Spawns: None
Weapons: None

Simply follow the spiral staircase up into a corridor leading to a large open chamber where the Quiddity Seed of Knorr lies. This area is a good place to rebuff if needed. When ready, use the Quiddity Seed.

~Dream Realm: Planar Academy Headmaster’s Rooms~
Nearest Drop: Planar Academy Headmaster’s Rooms conveyance
Spawns: See Below

You will now be in the same room, but in the nightmarish Dream Realm that Aerbax has created. You’ll see Asheron being casting spells, speaking to him yields nothing but a memory of the past.

Asheron tells you, "I must protect my people, but these attacks weaken me."

Five Virindi Portals will spawn in succession, each one bringing all too real olthoi to defeat the Asheron of the past. The portals will are killable and you will only have to deal with one portal and its spawns at a time. The spawns per portal can vary slightly so be aware. The fifth portal will spawn the boss Virindi. Asheron's health decreases as time wears on, leaving you with only about 15 minutes to close the portals and beat The Cleaner.

~Virindi Portal 1~ (West: North)
Olthoi Swarm Soldier and Swarm Worker (Olthoi). Virindi Profane (Virindi)

~Virindi Portal 2~ (West: Center)
Olthoi Swarm Noble, Swarm Worker, Swarm Soldier, Swarm Guardian, Swarm Legionary, Olthoi Lancer, Warrior, and Vanquisher (Olthoi). Virindi Adjudicator (Virindi)

~Virindi Portal 3~ (East: North)
Lacerator, Olthoi Keeper, and Olthoi Swarm Guardian and Olthoi Brood Noble (Olthoi). Virindi Consul (Virindi)

~Virindi Portal 4~ (East: Center)
Olthoi Slayer, Slasher, Mutilator, and Sentinel (Olthoi)

~Virindi Portal 5~ (Center: North)
The Cleaner casts a spell, protecting his portal.

Cleaner tells you, "Stand still and I promise it won't hurt."
Cleaner tells you, "Always like this
Cleaner tells you, "You should not be here. I shall correct your mistake."
Cleaner tells you, "A simple matter of removing you from the equation."
Cleaner tells you, "My employer was very clear about this. Kill all humans."

~ Boss ~
Name: Cleaner
Weak to: Fire/Virindi Slayer
Drops: n/a
Cohorts: Virindi Consul and Desecrator (Virindi)
Uses: Slashing damage and various war spells with vulns to match and various debuffs.

Defeat The Cleaner to vanquish the last portal and stop the nightmare in this Dream Realm

You run Cleaner through!
Cleaner says, "This was to be my last job. My employer's wrath will be great."
The Cleaner begins to make a horrible inhuman wail as bits of him are torn into portal space.

Asheron says, "We have but a short time before the nightmare begins again."
Asheron sighs deeply. "The Beast with Many Heads turns its minds from our thoughts and dreams to our physical forms. He is coming. I am but a memory of a minor player in the battle between the light and the darkness."
Asheron turns dreamily to look at you.
Asheron looks down at his hand as he pulls something from his pocket.

Asheron tells you, "I remember the people of your world. We have been watching your race with great hope. You have so much potential. Your people are among the few in the known worlds that may be able to save mine."

Asheron gives you Empyrean Spherule.

Asheron tells you, "Give this to me in the waking world. It will help me remember. I often wish to forget the horrors I have seen which is why Aerbax has had so much success in invading my mind. I must not forget. My people are depending on me."

Head back to Asheron in his sanctum and return to him the Empyrean Spherule.

You give Asheron Empyrean Spherule.

Asheron tells you, "Thank you, a memento from the memory of Knorr?"

Asheron's eyes glaze over as he stares at the Spherule.

Asheron tells you, "I haven't seen one of these since the Olthoi attacked. The children had a game where they would use simple magic to knock these through the air."

Asheron seems to sag under some invisible weight. What might be despair or simple weariness makes him look ancient and frail. Then it's gone and he stares at you with renewed purpose.

Asheron tells you, "Thank you for preventing Aerbax from changing the memory at Knorr. Take this as a small reward.”

Asheron gives you Empowered Breastplate of the Perfect Light.
Asheron gives you Empyrean Spherule.
Asheron gives you Quiddity Ingot.
You've earned 187,798,660 experience.

Asheron tells you, "And take the Spherule back as a souvenir of your visit to the past... wait a moment, there's something jammed in it."

Asheron removes a small sliver of metal from the Spherule. It glows faintly white.

Asheron tells you, "Hmmm, perhaps you should keep this too, it may come in handy later."
Asheron tells you, "Things are far from desperate. While you were fighting Aerbax's forces I was able to focus my mind on where Aerbax was drawing from my memories. I found that while he was able to search my memories I was able to use the same link he had formed to invade his mind."
Asheron tells you, "It's a pity he won't bend his formidable intellect to truly help the people of this world. He believes he is helping every race on Dereth to achieve their potential, but the darkness corrupts his vision. Time will tell if the information I have gleaned will be of use in the battle to come."

Asheron looks down at you with a warm friendliness.
For valor and bravery in the face of the unknown I award Player Name the title "Protector of the Past."

Speaking to him again will give you a running tally of the seeds you still have left to find.

Asheron tells you, "Let's see if you have had any success with the Quiddity Seeds I told you of."
Asheron tells you, "Well done, I feel that you have broken some of the hold that Aerbax had on my memories of Knorr."
Asheron tells you, "The second alludes me. Speak with the Aun Tumeroks at Fort Tethana."
Asheron tells you, "The third is known to an apparition in the Northern Desert."

Last edited by Taomagicdragon on Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:57 am; edited 3 times in total
Taomagicdragon
Taomagicdragon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Dream Realms (Perfect Light Armour Quests)(Quiddity Seeds) Empty Perfect Light Pauldrons

Post by Taomagicdragon Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:04 pm

Quiddity Seed at Ithaenc (Dream Realms Part II)

Rewards: % XP, Red Quiddity Ingot, Empowered Pauldrons of the Perfect Light (Can be turned back for 5% xp for next level), and Hope of the Past title
Weapons: Bludgeoning/Slashing and Fire/Virindi Slayer/Shadow Slayer
Difficulty: Hard
Quest Type: Epic
Restrictions: 130+ and you must speak with Asheron regarding the Quiddity Seeds.

Head to Aun Aemaua who resides in Fort Tethana by the pub at 1.5n 71.7w. Speak to the tumerok to find out about the second seed.

Aun Aemaua tells you, "Aha! Another worthy adventurer. You have spoken with Lord Asheron about the threats to the realm, have you? Excellent. I would have you seek out the Quiddity Seed that materialized in Ithaenc Cathedral down in the Vesayen Isles. It is a gateway to a strange realm, both of this world and not... A realm in which memories and dreams acquire tangible form... Aerbax wishes to destroy the realm's memories of the defeat of Bael'Zharon! Such a thing is not to be borne! You must take a group and journey into the Quiddity Seed, the device by which Aerbax manipulates our collective memories, and defeat his designs!"

Now head to Ithaenc Cathedral via the recall spell or the wedding invitation and head up the stairs to the ramp way leading up on the second floor to reach the Ithaenc Quiddity Seed. Use it to go into the Dream Realm.

The Quiddity Seed thrums in response to your touch, and a surge of portal energy washes over you, ushering you into a strange, half-real dream realm...

~Dream Realm: Sepulcher of the Hopeslayer Part I~
Nearest Drop: Recall the Sanctuary drop
Spawns: Dream Marauder (Virindi)
Flagging: Speak to Aun Aemaua
Weapons: Fire/Virindi Slayer

From the drop head straight into the middle tunnel and you will shortly thereafter see the Shade of Dule. Speak to him to find out more about this sepulcher.

Shade of Dule tells you, "Human! You can help end my bizarre imprisonment here by that upjumped bag of air Aerbax. Some half-formed shade of the Hopeslayer himself awaits in the chambers below! An agent of Aerbax, a creature known as the Thief of Dreams, has taken the skull of Avoren Palacost, and seeks to destroy humanity's accomplishment in defeating Bael'Zharon! You must act quickly, and stop the Thief of Dreams from coming through here with the skull! Take the skull from him and bring it to me, and I shall open the way for you and your comrades to assault the shade of the Hopeslayer..."

Follow the path down and you will come across the Thief of Dreams.

~ Boss ~
Name: Thief of Dreams
Weak to: Fire/Virindi Slayer
Drops: Avoren’s Skull and Thief of Dreams Message Shard
Cohorts: Dream Marauder (Virindi)
Uses: Slashing damage and various war spells with vulns to match and various debuffs.

Finish him quickly and return the skull to the Shade of Dule. The Thief of Dreams Message Shard can be translated later for lore.

You give Shade of Dule Avoren’s Skull
Shade of Dule says, "Well done! The skull of poor young Avoren. Ilservian's rage was so great... But this sentimentality serves no one, does it? I am now one step closer to freedom from this prison realm that Aerbax constructed. The Hopeslayer of this dream realm will never recover this skull, and will thus remain vulnerable... But you all have more work to do. You must defeat this shade of my former master. I believe your agent of Asheron waiting in the "real" world seeks some trophy of the encounter... A claw will do, and there ought to be enough claws on that beast to supply all of you..."

Go into the portal he summons to reach the blocked off lower chambers of this Sepulcher.

~Dream Realm: Sepulcher of the Hopeslayer Part II~
Nearest Drop: Ithaenc Quiddity Seed
Spawns: Bile Grievver (Grievver), Panumbral Soldier, and The Black Breath (Shadow)
Weapons: Fire/Shadow Slayer and Slashing

The drop here will be easily remembered by those who did the original Sepulcher of the Hopeslayer quest. Beware the flat shadow-warped ground as it can do damage to you.

The Shadow-twisted organic floor absorbs 10 points of your flesh as you walk on it!

Simply sick to the left through the tunnels and into an open chamber where a button resides on the wall. Press it then head back out sticking to the left wall and you will move pass the shadow-valve door that the button opened. Beyond lies the bit where the Shade of the Hopeslayer lies in wait.

~ Boss ~
Name: Shade of Bael’Zharon
Weak to: Fire
Drops: Claw of the Hopeslayer
Cohorts: The Black Breath (Shadow) and Bile Grievver (Grievver)
Uses: Bludgeoning damage and various war spells with vulns to match and various debuffs.

After you take down the Hopeslayer loot a claw and return to Aun Aemaua at Fort Tethana for your rewards.

You give Aun Aemaua Claw of the Hopeslayer.
You've earned 129,932,574 experience.

Aun Aemaua tells you, "Well done! What an exceedingly strange artifact! A claw of Bael'Zharon retrieved from the dream realm of the Quiddity Seed... You have done a great thing, by helping foil Aerbax's plans to destroy our memories of the triumph against Bael'Zharon. You certainly deserve your reward..."

Aun Aemaua has granted you the title "Hope of the Past".
Aun Aemaua gives you Empowered Pauldrons of the Perfect Light.

Aun Aemaua tells you, "And there is this curious artifact, some kind of mysterious ingot that seems to be a remnant of the Hopeslayer's energy from that strange dream realm... Perhaps you should hold on to it. It may be useful later."

Aun Aemaua gives you Quiddity Ingot.

Aun Aemaua tells you, "If you had a group of friends who helped you defeat the shade of Bael'Zharon, they will have to give me the claws they collected individually.

Speaking to Asheron again will give you a running tally of the seeds you still have left to find.

Asheron tells you, "Well done, I feel that you have broken some of the hold that Aerbax had on my memories of Knorr."
Asheron tells you, "Ah Yes, I see that you have broken the hold Aerbax had on our memories of poor Ilservian."
Asheron tells you, "The third is known to an apparition in the Northern Desert.”

Wearing both pieces of the empowered armour so far will give you Major Quickness/Endurance/Self as secret cantrips. The message shard can be translated by Diyas al-Yat in Zaikhal, up the hill to the left from the drop.

You give Diyas al-Yat Thief of Dreams Message Shard.

Diyas al-Yat tells you, "You say you found this in a dream realm? Inside of a Quiddity seed? That sounds so strangely familiar, even though I am sure I never heard that term before..."

A strange, cold light emanates from the eyes of Diyas al-Yat as he concentrates on the message shard.
Diyas al-Yat gives you Translated Thief of Dreams Message Shard.

Diyas al-Yat tells you, "A fascinating message. With your permission, I have made a copy of this myself, for my own... illumination."

~Translated Thief of Dreams Message Shard~

Though the humans may defy me on the other fronts, it is important to our plans that you succeed in your assignment. To you I give the task of destroying humanity's memories of their triumph against the Hopeslayer. Once you enter the shade realm of the Quiddity Seed, you must steal the skull of Avoren Palacost. The skull, which belonged to the Hopeslayer's male offspring, was a critical part of the ritual that Asheron used to weaken Bael'Zharon.

Then, to ensure the success of our plan, you must take over and fortify the Sepulcher in which the Hopeslayer lurked before the humans overwhelmed him. You will be given enough power within the shade realm to make a minor alteration - to destroy a passage to the lower depths of the complex, so even if humans manage to pursue you into this shade realm, they will not be able to find their way to the Hopeslayer's lair and thus complete their destiny even in dreams or memories...

One final warning: beware the meddling of the other powers as you occupy the Quiddity Seed. Any one of those who colluded with the humans to defeat the Hopeslayer may seek to interfere again. Be on guard for the interference of our former masters among the old Quiddity, or the renegade Shadows under Isin Dule, or even from Asheron.

-Aerbax

One seed left to seek out and maybe make better sense of what Aerbax is planning.
Taomagicdragon
Taomagicdragon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Dream Realms (Perfect Light Armour Quests)(Quiddity Seeds) Empty Perfect Light Bracers

Post by Taomagicdragon Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:08 pm

Quiddity Seed at the Black Death Catacombs (Dream Realms Part III)

Rewards: % XP, Blue Quiddity Ingot, Empowered Bracers of the Perfect Light (Can be turned back for 5% xp for next level), and Warrior of the Past title
Weapons: Bludgeoning/Slashing and Fire/Virindi Slayer
Difficulty: Hard
Quest Type: Puzzle
Restrictions: 130+ and you must speak with Asheron regarding the Quiddity Seeds.

The Apparition that Asheron refers to is triggered by the first of four Strange Devices. This device lies at the northen fringe of the North Desert. To get there go to the Glenden Wood settlement known as Zabool Overlook Settlement at 27.9n 29.5e. From there head to 22.0n 19.0e and use the Strange Device.

The device gives off an unearthly hum, and you feel your sense of reality itself shift.

Activaite it to trigger a scene from the past when Elysa first escaped from an olthoi hive in the area.

You touch the device, and immediately your sense of reality begins to swirl.

Elysa Strathelar says, "Must not catch me...must stay ahead of them..."

(Olthoi Sentinel Trackers spawn)

Elysa Strathelar says, "No! Not back to the caverns! I'll die first!"

Thorsten Cragstone says, "Wait a second, lassie - we're comin' ta get ya!"
Thorsten Cragstone says, "Alright, boys! Let's be squashin' some bugs for the lady!"

Elysa Strathelar says, "Thank Pwyll! Give me a weapon and I'll help!"

A female whisper on the wind says, "Seek resolve in the place where the words of the past were found."

Defeat the Olthoi Sentinel Trackers (Apparition, not Olthoi) to save Elysa and pick up the Elysa’s Hope Gem. Head to Underground City. From the drop you will need to take the second door on the left-side wall and got a bit West into the next small room and take the stairs to the South heading up. You will come to a four-way intersection; head to the ledge straight ahead and jump down to the next Strange Device.

The device gives off an unearthly hum, and you feel your sense of reality itself shift.

Activate it to see a scene from the past where Elysa and Thorsten discover texts leading to Asheron.

Thorsten Cragstone says, "Lass...I brought ye some tea. It's not good, but it's the best we be gettin' from the surface."

Elysa Strathelar says, "Lemongrass is fine, Thorsten. Thank you."

Thorsten Cragstone says, "Ye be welcome, m'love."

Elysa Strathelar says, "Thorsten, come here and look at this paper."

Thorsten Cragstone says, "Well, lassie, truth be - I canna read."

Elysa Strathelar says, "Oh...well, I'll teach you. But later. This writing is like nothing that I've ever seen before. It's not Roulean, not any of the scripts of far off lands - not even similar. I've figured out a way to translate it, though."

Thorsten Cragstone says, "Oh? What's it say?"

Elysa Strathelar says, "This word seems like it would sound like...'Empyrean'...it's another culture, maybe a culture we can contact for help with the Olthoi!"

Thorsten Cragstone says, "We've been over this before, lass - there's too many ta fight. We can stay here, safe..."

Elysa Strathelar says, "No, Thorsten...we will free our people...we must. There's directions to another one of those portals that leads to an island. If I read this right, there's a man named...'Asheron', I think. He's supposed to be the master of a school of powerful magic...surely his magic can help against the Olthoi!"

Thorsten Cragstone says, "I dinna think so...the magics that our people know do nothing against 'em, and wouldn't this Asheron have fought the Olthoi off if he could've?"

Elysa Strathelar says, "Perhaps he doesn't know how prolific they are, perhaps he doesn't even know we're here...either way, I intend to go there, with or without you."

Thorsten Cragstone says, "Ye mean this, lass?"

Elysa Strathelar says, "Yes. I cannot be content to live here under the earth when our people still live in thrall."

Thorsten Cragstone says, "Alright, lass. I'll go with ye to visit this...Asheron."

A female whisper on the wind says, "Seek courage in the home of light.”

Pick up the Elysa's Resolve Gem and travel to Asheron’s Castle. To the left of the drop will be another Strange Device.

Activate it to trigger a scene where Elysa and Thorsten successfully try to appeal to Asheron and receive the poison that will be used to slay the Queen of the Black Death Catacombs.

Elysa Strathelar says, "Where is the key..."

Thorsten Cragstone says, "I think we be wastin' our time, m'dear. If whoever be inside be at all interested in talkin', they be doin' a good job o' hidin' it."

Elysa Strathelar says, "Nonsense...I will not believe that this place is uninhabited."
Elysa Strathelar says, "Whoever's in there - open up! I won't go away! You must listen to us, of the plight of our people! We were summoned here by strange portals, an unknown magic we have never seen be-"

Thorsten Cragstone says, "Lass, ye've returned! I was worried for ye, but I dinna know how ta enter..."

Elysa Strathelar says, "It is alright, Thorsten...there was nothing you could've done. Thorsten, I have done it! I have met the sorcerer in his tower! It is a wondrous place. He is a man of few words though."

Thorsten Cragstone says, "What did he say, lass?"

Elysa Strathelar says, "Just one thing - "You must find the Queen and slay her.""

Thorsten Cragstone says, "And how d'we do that?"

Elysa Strathelar says, "I think with this..."

Thorsten Cragstone says, "What be that?"

Elysa Strathelar says, "I think it's a sort of poison, maybe. I think we should try it on our weapons when we fight the Olthoi."

Thorsten Cragstone says, "I dinna think we're ready for an open confrontation quite yet...but if it be true, if it be the first step, maybe..."

A female whisper on the wind says, "Seek determination in the tomb of past warriors."

Pick up the Elysa’s Courage Gem and head back to the Underground City. Northwest of the drop is a staircase leading up the stone tower; head up the two lights of stairs and go over the plank bridge to the West of the landing. Head north up a flight of stairs then head East up another. At the landing go through the North door then head east into a large open room with a smaller mausoleum inside where the tomb of Thorsten Cragstone lies. Head up the ramp way on the North wall and follow alonf the couple smaller rooms until you meet a ledge facing out West overlooking the mausoleum. Jump out onto the mausoleum and you’ll reach the final Strange Device.

Activate the device to trigger a scene from the past where the Aluvian rebels are rallied to storm the Black Death Catacombs and bring down Olthoi rule by slaying the queen.

Elysa Strathelar says, "Pay heed me words, brave warriors of Aluvia! Today is the day we have dreamt of! We have our destiny in our hands!"
Elysa Strathelar says, "We have found the Queen of the Olthoi, the heart of the darkness we have fought for so long! We can reach her, and if we can reach her, we can slay her!"
Elysa Strathelar says, "Do you remember your families, your friends, all held in slavery for so long? Today is the day we march forward to free them!"
Elysa Strathelar says, "There is no fury in the world like the Aluvians marching to war. Let us show the Olthoi the steel of Aluvian hearts! Let their death scream echo in their caverns, until finally we have met the Olthoi Queen in her dark majesty and ended her reign!"
Elysa Strathelar says, "Let the horns of our ancestors sound triumphant! We march to war!"

A female whisper on the wind says, "And now, in the end...you must seek the end to my story, and the beginning to the story of humanity upon Dereth.

Pick up the Elysa’s Determination Gem and combine all four gems together.

You bring the two gems into close proximity, and they fuse into one.
You bring the two gems into close proximity, and they fuse into one.
You bring the two gems into proximity. They both give off a small pop and vanish in clouds of purple mist. The mist coalesces into a ghostly arrow tipped with a small dab of black goo.
Taomagicdragon
Taomagicdragon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Dream Realms (Perfect Light Armour Quests)(Quiddity Seeds) Empty Perfect Light Bracers

Post by Taomagicdragon Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:08 pm

You will now have Elysa’s Phantasmal Arrow, the arrow that was used to slay the queen. But if you have it, then Elysa doesn’t. You must now return to the chamber where the queen of the Black Death Catacombs was slain which now resides in Aerbax’s Dream Realm. Head to the Black Death Catacombs at 59.9n 71.2e and we will ignore every creature in here. Simply head down the ramp at drop and turn left toward the South (avoid the ramps in the middle of the floor) and head into the tunnel leading down on the South end of the dungeon. Stick right (avoiding the portal) and head into the Quiddity Seed.

You touch the seed, and immediately your sense of reality begins to swirl. You sense that you will now have a full day of access to the place beyond...

~Dream Realm: Black Death Catacombs~
Nearest Drop: Black Death Catacombs
Spawns: Olthoi Sentinel Tracker (Apparition) and Virindi Consul and Paradox (Virindi)
Flagging: Complete Elysa’s Phantasmal Arrow
Weapons: Bludgeoning/Slashing and Fire/Virindi Slayer

From the drop take the South passage behind you. Stick right to an up ramp leading into a large open room. Head North into a tunnel and stick right until you reach another up ramp leading into an open chamber. Head west and stick right into another tunnel; Stick to the left wall through the tunnel and through large open area into another tunnel leading up into another open chamber. Head into the south tunnel and ignore the first passage left then stick to the left wall until you reach Elysa in the queen’s chamber before Thorsten was slain, where after his killer, the Olthoi Queen, will be swiftly destroyed.

Elysa Strathelar says, "Thorsten? Where are you? I cannot see what has happened in here..."

You give Elysa Strathelar Elysa's Phantasmal Arrow.
(Thorsten appears with the queen)

Elysa Strathelar says, "Thorsten! No...no..."

Thorsten Cragstone says, "Ye foul fiend!"

(Thorsten dies)

Elysa Strathelar says, "You! Die, now!"

(Elysa shoots the arrow and slays the queen)

A female whisper on the wind says, "...and that was the end of my story, hunter...while the swarm still exists, it never again held this land in thrall. And so, one queen gave way to another. Remember me...as an enemy, but as a worthy enemy...

Pick up the Head of the Apparition Olthoi Queen and you’re done! If you want lore, then recall to the drop and head back into the dream realm again. From the drop take the South passage behind you. Head North into a tunnel and stick right until you reach another up ramp then stick right into a large open room. Head into the North tunnel and stick right through the winding passages until you come up into a large open room. Head about 3 steps East then stick right again up a tunnel to a small room where a Virindi Paradox guards a notebook:

~Execution Log of Strathelar Modification~

Ever since the failure of the prodigal human experiment, I have attempted to determine how best to weaken the resistance of the humans to my powers. Two other branches of the experiment already have proceeded, but for this branch I have chosen to modify Elysa Strathelar, the human who has had the greatest impact upon the humans of Dereth. The Elysa Strathelar Modification experiment will have five distinct phases, all of which should reinforce each other.

The first phase will involve modifying Strathelar's escape from the Olthoi. Improving the abilities of the Olthoi in pursuit should cause Elysa to become disheartened, and possibly die, before she can augment the rebellion against the Olthoi. This in turn decreases the total amount of hope that the humans of Dereth possess, and weaken their resistance.

The second phase calls for a disruption of Strathelar's perusal of Empyrean documents. If Strathelar is unable to find the tower of Asheron Realaidain, she will not be able to bolster the beliefs of her fellow humans. Ultimately, their confidence will crumble and they would not have been able to resist the Olthoi. As Elysa's resolve crumbles, so will the resolve of all humans.

The third phase interferes with the actual meeting between Asheron and Strathelar. Only a human of immense courage would have dared to harangue the preeminent mage of that time. Strathelar possesses this kind of courage. Bereft of this courage, she and the human species will begin to falter.

The fourth phase modifies the last speech given to the Aluvian leadership before the battle against the Olthoi Queen. While it was Strathelar's arrow which dealt the ultimate blow, she would never have reached that cavern had she not impressed her determination upon those war leaders who would in turn lead thousands of Aluvians to die in the caverns in the name of their race. Weakening their determination should hamstring theit cause, and Strathelar would then not make it, in spirit, to the Queen.

The fifth phase cuts to the heart of Strathelar's defining moment - the death of the Olthoi queen. Strathelar called upon all of her virtues - hope, resolution, courage, and determination - to be able to will herself to shoot the arrow which slew the Olthoi Queen. Lacking these virtues, she should be paralyzed by uncertainty, and the Olthoi Queen will at least have a psychic control back upon the world. The human collective psyche, thus weakened, should fall more easily this time, and I will be able to complete my collection of experimental leaders and thralls.

In closing, I add a final note of commentary. While the human Elysa Strathelar possesses flaws, as all humans do, it must be acknowledged that she is a wondrous specimen of the human species. If I were able to abduct her directly as the potential prodigal human, I believe the experiment might have more success. The humans do not appreciate what she represents to them and what she has sacrificed for them already. It is true that in this era she works through agents, but in truth, what power of this world does not? Once the human's ability to resist me is weakened, I believe I shall choose her to be the centerpiece of my new human strategy.

-Aerbax

With lore and head in hand return to Asheron and give them the Head of the apparition Olthoi Queen.

You give Asheron Head of the Apparition Olthoi Queen .

Asheron tells you, "What is this that you give me, Isparian?"
Asheron tells you, "It is like the head of the old Olthoi Queen, but insubstantial. Tell me how you came about this?"

You detail your pursuit of Elysa's remembrances.

Asheron tells you, "It would seem that Aerbax's minion have been manipulating the memory of the defeat of the Olthoi Queen. Perhaps Aerbax thought that it would prove easier to turn the Isparians if they were still held in bondage to the Olthoi."
Asheron tells you, "There is a strange core to the Olthoi head...I have extracted it for your use."

Asheron gives you Quiddity Ingot.
Asheron gives you Empowered Bracers of the Perfect Light.
You've earned 81,207,858 experience.
Asheron looks down at you with a warm friendliness.

Asheron tells you, "Elysa is safe. You have restored the past to what should be, and I believe Aerbax will not be able to gain a foothold against you through that means. Elysa is safe, but more importantly, all of your kind is safe by your actions."

For valor and bravery in the face of the unknown I award Player Name the title "Warrior of the Past."

Now to check your tally as well as see if the three ingots you’ve collected have any use!

Asheron tells you, "Ah Yes, I see that you have broken the hold Aerbax had on our memories of poor Ilservian."
Asheron tells you, "Very good, I see that you have broken Aerbax's hold on our memories of Queen Strathelar's and her early hardships."

Asheron pauses, absorbed by his thoughts.

Asheron tells you, "I believe that Aerbax used the Quiddity Seeds as a distraction to draw our attention away from his true machinations."
Asheron tells you, "The information I was able to steal from his mind combined with reports of activity on the Obsidian Plains seem to confirm this theory. Return to me in a few weeks, I must study the ley lines and learn what I can."

You allow Asheron to examine your Quiddity Ingot.

Asheron tells you, "Hmmm, interesting, this ingot of metal seems to be attuned to some magic field. Perhaps you should hold on to this for awhile."

Asheron tells you, "This metal resonates with dark forces. Perhaps you should hold on to this for awhile."

Asheron tells you, "Well, I suppose Olthoi will eat anything. Perhaps you should hold on to this for awhile."

Wearing all three pieces of armour casts Epic (+20) Quickness/Endurance/Self cantrips. Make sure you hold on to those Quiddity Ingots for the next stage of the plan to thwart Aerbax’s Dream Realm.
Taomagicdragon
Taomagicdragon
Admin

Back to top Go down

Dream Realms (Perfect Light Armour Quests)(Quiddity Seeds) Empty Re: Dream Realms (Perfect Light Armour Quests)(Quiddity Seeds)

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down